Rapport with Self: The First Thing
Rapport with Self:
The First Thing
… If you ever wondered how things get so stuck and immovable in your life, this course is a great start.
… If you ever practiced the Law of Attraction or the Art of Manifestation with little to show for all your efforts, this course will illuminate how the gears haven’t clicked together quite yet.
… If you simply enjoy learning about yourself, personally growing, and enjoy transformational experiences.
Join us and bring absolutely everyone you know! They will love it!
(No NLP training necessary, although having some won’t hurt.)
“The First Thing” is not an NLP class but draws together all the advanced and key themes from our most advanced certification courses such as Holographic NLP. This course is first and foremost a transformational life class, and it gets it all handled in 2 days!
“The First Thing” has to do with absolutely ending our fight with ourselves. It’s about learning a “maneuver of consciousness” that makes it easy and desirable to immediately cease to turn against ourselves about anything–any past failure or short-coming, any present state doubt about who we really are, and any fear about the future. “The First Thing” involves letting it be okay for things to be okay.
This course is taught and facilitated by Carl Buchheit and Carla Camou. We encourage you to bring any experience or outcomes you want to work on (romantic relationships, success, career, family, personal purpose, self-image, etc).
What Carl Buchheit Has to Say...
Putting First Things First at NLP Marin
One of the steadily recurring truisms about our NLP Marin classes, courses and weekends is this one: “Around here, the first thing you need is the last thing you get.” (And it doesn’t help any that Carl actually says this out loud at the beginning of just about every class.) Now, this aphorism or one of its variations has been used forever to describe and account for a lot of human experience.
“If only I had known then what I know now.”
“If experience is the best teacher, too bad we can’t just start out from there.”
“Well, it takes a lifetime to live a lifetime.”
(Humble thanks to our teacher Ray Hunt for that last one.) And you know what? Each of these observations is kind of true. This is how life works. It takes a lifetime to live a lifetime, indeed.
Our “Holographic NLP” courses, Parts I and II, have been rightly described as the crown jewels of our NLPM curriculum and body of knowledge. These courses presuppose the information, skills and remarkable personal changes that come from completing our Core Competencies (formerly Foundations and Advanced) and Masters courses. Then, in Holo I–at last!–we are able to pay explicit attention to how consciousness itself operates to create and stabilize reality. To the VAKOG skills of Core and Masters we add a new and wholly different kind of tool which we call “maneuvers of consciousness.” Through becoming familiar with these “maneuvers” we learn to use the power of our conscious attention and conscious choices to select and potentiate (to pull in) more and more of the experience we truly desire. And while we do this, we also learn how to destabilize unwanted realities. An unwanted reality is just the result of previous and successful choosing, and destabilizing things makes them easier to change.
In Holo I, students learn to both create and discreate experience. The consciousness toolbox of Holographic I is immensely cool, so cool that the lamentation, “Why didn’t we do this in Core?” occurs routinely. The answer is, there would have been no place for it to land, and if it did land, it would have made it more difficult to learn the NLP basics. The rule was, “First master the Vs, As and Ks. Only after that can we can to the over-arching reality skills of conscious creation and discreation.” That rule still holds...but…now we can present and do…
“The First Thing”
…all by itself. “The First Thing” has to do with absolutely ending our fight with ourselves. It’s about learning a “maneuver of consciousness” that makes it easy and desirable to immediately cease to turn against ourselves about anything–any past failure or short-coming, any present state doubt about who we really are, and any fear about the future. “The First Thing” is not an NLP class. It is transformational life class, and it gets it all handled in two days! The full title of this weekend class is:
“The First Thing You Need to Know and Need to Know How to Do so that You Can Cheerfully Move Forward and Toward What You Really Value, and Be Completely Able to Do This With about 90% Less Stress and Emotional Commotion Than You Have Ever Experienced Before!”
So, we shortened it up a bit, but that’s what it is. No NLP training necessary, although having some won’t hurt. Do come join us, and bring absolutely everyone you know! They will love it!
Who is This For?
- New to NLP Marin, haven’t undertaken a course, feel drawn to the work, and are looking for an accessible transformational experience that doesn’t require an immediate 6-month commitment
- Already have experience with transformational work or spiritual healing and have wanted things that haven’t changed for a long-time to finally change
- A breathing human being who aspires to enrich any one or more areas of your life and have an unwanted issue or experience you want to work on in a safe, enjoyable, and transformative 2 day context Existing NLP Marin student in our Core Competencies or Masters NLP Certification track and would like ‘time-travel’ a little and experience Holographic-NLP level change work without having undertaken Holographic NLP yet
- Existing NLP Marin Post-Graduates (completed Holographic-NLP) who would like to deepen their understanding of the material, and work on any new outcomes or unwanted present state experiences. This is your opportunity to take all that you already know to the next-level
- Do less and attain more without having to remember to be any different
- Increase your capacity to endure ever-increasing doses of happiness in your life
- Deeper connection and alignment with the way you think, behave, and operate in the world
- Develop greater self-confidence about who you are and that which you do in life Increased clarity about your life’s goals and desires
- Enjoy copious doses of light-hearted laughter which is so characteristic of our NLP Marin courses
- Connect and collaborate with like-hearted individuals as you continue to express your precious art form called Life
What You Will Learn:
To make this happen we will deploy our usual combination of cheerful lectures, and mostly experiential exercises, to:
- Discover the nature of unwanted experiences and what to do with them, such as challenges in your relationships, career, business, family, and well-being
- Learn a ‘Maneuver of Consciousness’ that makes it easy and desirable to end the war you have been having with yourself
- Grow and develop your internal navigation system so you can smoothly go from where you are in life now to where you want to be
- Allow the gears of life to work in favor of the positive outcomes and goals you have wanted for your life for some time now Experience being OK with being OK and being OK with allowing others to be where they are