Rapport with Self: Beyond Guilt & Innocence
Rapport with Self: Beyond Guilt & Innocence
“Everyone who attends will learn the life-long art of creating and sustaining rapport with themselves (and other-selves and Life itself), instead of using Innocence, as the basis of their well-being.” –Carl Buchheit
Carl Buchheit describes this course as NLP Marin’s “most important course ever.” Rapport with Self: Beyond Guilt & Innocence is a 2-day transformational experience offered once per year only. You will learn some of the most important frames you can learn this century.
In this fast-paced weekend, Carl Buchheit & Carla Camou will present their recent discoveries about belonging—covering themes of guilt, shame, innocence, and their adverse effects on our well-being. Additionally, they will offer an alternate life stance that offers a more workable space from which we can achieve and express our life’s true nature and purpose.
While this is one of NLP Marin’s newer courses, it is also a culmination of Carl’s teaching intentions for the work since he founded NLP Marin more than 25 years ago, and since he commenced practicing NLP about 40 years ago.
This represents the culmination of decades of Carl’s practice, research, innovation in the space of personal and professional growth. With this course, NLP Marin has arrived at where it wished to have commenced.
Who is This For?
This transformative experience is open to all, and no pre-requisites are required to undertake the course. This course is also a great start for those who are new to NLP Marin and want to experience the landscape of the unique frames of NLP Marin that distinguishes our curriculum from the rest of the market. So, whether you are:
- New to NLP Marin, haven’t undertaken a course, and feel drawn to the work
- An existing NLP Marin student or graduate and would like to positively supplement the change you are receiving already, and/or increase your capacity to work with others in a change-format
- A long-standing NLP Marin alumnus, and would like to get up to speed with the new frames and formats that Carl Buchheit so inevitably innovates over the course of his continued becoming
- A breathing human being who aspires to improve and gain in any one or more area of your life without feeling like someone(s), something(s), or some aspect(s) of life must lose for you to achieve it
We welcome you wholeheartedly! And, we do hope you join us.
- Increase your capacity to endure ever-increasing doses of happiness in your life.
- Loosen the compelling and seductive restraints of guilt and innocence that distort our capacity to receive increasing amounts of “good” in life.
- Dissolve the illusive veils that inhibit your capacity to connect with others in life and receive the connection that has always been there for the taking.
- Experience the non-zero sum, life-enhancing stance of 'Rapport with Self' so that your relationship with self grows and flourishes regardless of what happens externally.
- Enjoy copious doses of light-hearted laughter which is so characteristic of our NLP Marin courses.
- Connect and collaborate with like-hearted individuals as you continue to express your precious art-form called Life.
What You Will Learn:
To make this happen we will deploy our usual combination of cheerful lectures, engaging small groups and mystery-dispelling mini-constellations to:
- Show what Guilt and Innocence really are and how they really affect us.
- Show why and how any relational system is doomed if it contains even one person who needs to operate from a stance of Innocence.
- How needing to be right and/or insisting on justice block love and consume hope.
- How learning to calibrate our rapport with ourselves is the easiest way to support our well-being and the well-being of anything we touch as we go through our lives.
- How 'Rapport with Self' is so much simpler than Guilt and Innocence as the basis for a non-lethal, non-self-defeating life stance.
- How "Rapport with Self" is the naturally reliable and joyful basis for ease-full, continuing learning throughout our lives--and probably after them too.
The community that arises during (and after) the course (Core Comp) is uplifting, fulfilling, supporting and accepting. The sense of belonging runs deep. Carl and Michelle foster a beautiful, humorous space of trust in which to work with our "shortcomings".
The learning and awareness that I have gained from NLP Marin has had a deeply profound impact in my life. The training is invaluable and exceptional. I would love to attend everything offered. I will eventually. NLP Marin creates an environment which allowed me to feel safe and allowed my critter to calm down.
Again, words fail me, but my life is better at home; everything I continue to learn has more resonance, more connections, more ways to fit it all together.
Carl is a genius, and hilarious to boot. His commitment that choice is possible everywhere and in all ways has fundamentally rewired my relationship to self, other selves and life itself. Doing so much practice in the weekends is also extremely helpful--not only to preparing students to do the work with others, but also in getting us more of what we ourselves want. And I love Michelle and Carla too!
I came to NLP Marin for my own healing and to get a step closer to reinventing my career. The Teaching Assistants are incredibly supportive and welcoming, and the other students are the types of people I want to spend my time with. I feel incredibly lucky to have found this community.
NLP Marin offers highly impactful and unique trainings to help you have the type of experience you desire in your life; without needing to remember to be any different. Its subtle, its powerful and its permanent.
Words of praise could be a whole volume. I love the way the NLP culture allows you to feel ok about yourself and does a great job of boosting individuals confidence while allowing them to struggle to figure things out in their own unique way and time frame. The amount of wisdom and personal insight that all the trainers and TA's share is valuable and much appreciated.