Intensive Training Core (ITC)
Intensive Training Core (ITC)
"When a student really gets that they can re-create their experience, they are on their way to mastery. This is a moment of true freedom."-Carla Camou
The NLP Marin Intensive Training Core (ITC) is an opportunity to learn the NLP Marin Core Competency Toolkit for Communication and Change as quickly as possible, and fast-track them into our Masters program. The course is done over the course of 3 x 4 Day blocks of training (12 days in total). We offer this training once annually and it is delivered by Carla Camou.
In ITC, you will learn the full, basic communication and change skill sets of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. You will also learn the powerful NLP change techniques and patterns that will make it easy to make the kinds of choice—and achieve the kinds of life-changing results—that haven’t been available before. These amazing perceptual and behavioral skills and tools have been proven, for more than 30 years, to work wherever people are relating and working together.
What Carl Buchheit Has to Say...
"This course provides each student with a unique understanding and skills that become “the difference that makes the difference” between run-of-the-mill capability and truly magnificent art and skill, with self and others. These very same skills also prepare our students to do Masters-Level work, which is the next step in the NLP Certification Track.
Over the course, you will expand your skills repertoire through the addition of the models and frames of the Core Competencies of NLP and develop your confidence and competence in using all that you have learned.
Supervised practice supports integrating these powerful tools into your behavior so that they are automatically and naturally available to enhance communication and connection with others."
Who is This For?
This is perfect for practitioners, coaches, teachers, parents, business leaders…and anyone seeking personal change or professional development who are incredibly busy, live outside the Bay Area who’ve been wanting to take our training, or simply, prefer learning in an intensive format.
- Individuals who are ready for a change in life. Many of our students join us in the intention to explore and accomplish highly personal change work. Over many years of training experience, we have found that the best way to grow as an individual is not only to have the change patterns and techniques applied to you, but also to stretch yourself and assist others in changing. Many of our students come into our courses with the conscious intention to learn to change and better manage others, only to realize—months or years later—that what they learned and did absolutely transformed their own lives as well. At the other end of the spectrum, many students come to us with the voiced intention of working only on themselves and gradually discover that the experience of being in the “practitioner chair,” in which they make themselves available to help someone else, is the most valuable and powerful component of creating growth and change in themselves.
- Coaches, therapists, counselors, and change-workers: You learn to elegantly, rapidly clarify both the immediate and deep outcomes of your clients and patients. In this skill set, therapists discover a reliably miraculous method for gaining in-the-moment, respectful access to the deep unconscious content of the client’s experience. Moreover, this skill set allows the practitioner to immediately work with this unconscious material, to quickly revise stuck and dysfunctional patterning, should this be desirable in the client/practitioner process. (NLP Marin is possibly the only teaching center—NLP or otherwise—that has the expertise and experience to successfully transfer this know-how to our students. Mastery of this material is essentially unavailable elsewhere.) Practitioners of all kinds learn to work with clients to develop truly compelling motivation toward fulfillment of long-desired dreams and outcomes. Coaches gain increased skills to assist their clients in articulating meaningful new realities and creating congruent shifts toward ultimate outcome-based goals.
- Working professionals, managers, and leaders: You learn skills to build and sustain rapport with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Managers improve their ability to hire and fire, to coach, to motivate, and to give feedback to their teams. Trainers and meeting facilitators are better able to take charge and hold the attention of the group, regardless of whether group energy is supposed to be sourced from the leadership or from the team. Leaders (of all kinds) learn to understand, accept and respect the internal maps that others are working from. The complaint “I just can’t understand how they can be like that!” usually disappears from the team space.
- Entrepreneurs looking to increase their effectiveness in the context of building their business, inspiring and enrolling like-minded people to work together, and being a model for the vision they hold for the world.
- People wanting better personal relationships: All of our students learn everything in this course at least three different ways. You will learn to use these tools, perceptions and paths toward new action 1) with yourself, 2) with others, and 3) by offering support to everyone who participates with you during the learning adventure. You will learn to experience and revise both your own map of reality and that of many others. This broad, private-but-intimate experience enables everyone to gain new insights into themselves and to grow into wider and richer wisdom about life and about what makes human beings the way they are. Your new relationship with yourself will give you an increased ability to create safety and intimacy with others. Existing NLP Marin students or graduates who would like to audit the Core Competencies material, to add even more depth and dimension to the learnings they have already attained from prior years.
- Positive personal change. Gain exceptional clarity about what you want to create and have unfold in your future. Then learn how to shift old, ineffectual patterns that keep you “stuck” in unchanging experience.
- Satisfyingly more effective change work with others. Learn more tools to uncover, understand and unlock old patterns of behavior that have become outdated. Learn new techniques to change or shift those patterns. Begin to see and develop the ability to understand the structure of beliefs and how to change them.
- Increased life success. Applying your new tools and skills in your own, original ways will enable you to communicate more effectively and establish a unique presence in your life. Also, the practice you get each weekend and at your weekly study groups enables you to become exceptionally clear about what you want to create and what you would like to experience in all your day-to-day interactions. Elegant language skills. You’ll learn a way to use language to precipitate conscious change. You’ll also use storytelling and metaphor to enhance communication with the unconscious mind.
What You Will Learn
- Rapport skills. Learn to distinguish between levels of rapport, “the difference that makes the difference” when you need deeper access to a person’s unconscious mind. Develop the ability to build rapport with absolutely anyone, anywhere, any time. Your conscious learning from NLP Core Competencies will integrate all the way into the wonderfully handy domain of “unconscious competence” when it becomes a part of you are.
- Discovering and clarifying desired outcomes. Develop even more skill at guiding people to identify what they want, personally and professionally. Learn the art of asking questions that cause “stuck” present-tense situations and patterns to spontaneously open toward movement and positive change.
- Reframing. Learn how to create change through the spoken word. Gradually develop more and more skill in utilizing the art of “specific vagueness” to enhance communication and understanding.
- Learn “meta-model” basics. These are precise question patterns derived from the work of Virginia Satir and Fritz Perls that work magically to unlock and unstick an unproductive experience.
- Gain instant, respectful access to people’s unconscious barriers. You also will learn the trademark question of Marin-style NLP: “What stops you?” A very simple question which, when asked correctly, gives us access to volumes of entirely unconscious experience in just a few seconds. This is a life-changing event for everyone who learns it.
- Uncover and understand pattern ecology. We take a holistic approach to human experience. We delve deeply into personal ecology and learn many ways to uncover and understand the very important reasons patterns have existed in someone’s life up to this point. Artful change always takes these important reasons into account so we can create change without having negative, unintended consequences as a result of positive change.
- Discover the structure of human experience. Human experience is created neurologically using the pathways of our five senses. We dig into the structure of human experience to uncover each other’s “strategies”–the hugely unconscious patterning that determines the success or failure, the easefulness or painfulness, of all of our experience, motivation, decision-making and learning. You will learn explicit procedures to discover and rewrite all of your old, “dysfunctional” or un-motivation-producing programming, installing instead more productive and useful patterning.
- Learn story-telling, metaphors and hypnotic language. Learn how to use story and metaphor to create change and increase influential memorability. You develop your skill in using hypnotic language patterning to enhance impact and understanding while learning to conduct multiple, simultaneous conversations with many different levels of the unconscious mind.
- Test for NLP Practitioner Certificate. Included in the price is an opportunity to test for your Practitioner’s Certificate. Not only is this an opportunity to be certified but it’s also an incredible learning and integration experience for anyone who participates. Be part of a happy, supportive community. Our students are focused on personal and professional change and come from all walks of life. You’ll study with CEO’s, health practitioners, coaches, psychologists, parents and everything in between. NLP Marin if for anyone and everyone. Our community is a testament to the effective, flexible nature of the work. Also, by working with your classmates over an extended period of time, you discover an exquisite experience of friendship and camaraderie as you learn and grow together.
DATES | LOCATION | REGISTRATION
2021 Dates:May 20-23, Thursday - Sunday
June 17-20, Thursday - Sunday
July 15-18, Thursday- Sunday
Times:10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
$5,400Save $300 when you pay in full!
Includes weekly supervised study groups for maximum integration.
Recommended Text:Transformational NLP: A New Psychology
by Carl Buchheit, Ph.D. and Ellie Schamber, Ph.D.
Location:Live via Zoom