This is a two-day workshop (1 two-day weekend: Saturday-Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m), offered once per year.
As humans, we are always maneuvering with and manipulating about guilt and innocence. This is entirely natural and understandable in the normal world.
Guilt feels bad, and is thought to mean negative things, and Innocence feels good and it goes with positive sensations of relief, safety and belonging. To be guilty is bad and to be innocent is good is the usual, speed-of-daily-life impression of it all, but this is not accurate.
What I have observed is this:
Both Guilt and Innocence are toxic, pernicious and destructive life stances.
When we use them as metrics to assess, assist or assert the validity of our experience, or to diminish the validity of another’s experience or condition, we destroy all well-being for everyone, including ourselves, wherever we are.
There has to be a better way!
Rapport with Self: Beyond Guilt and Innocence
Everyone who attends will learn the life-long art of creating and sustaining rapport with themselves (and other-selves, and Life itself), instead of using Innocence, as the basis of their well-being.
To make this happen we will deploy our usual combination of cheerful lectures, engaging small groups and mystery-dispelling mini-constellations to:
- Show what Guilt and Innocence really are and how they really affects us;
- Show why and how any relational system is doomed if it contains even one person who needs to operate from a stance of innocence;
- How needing to be right and/or insisting on justice block love and consume hope;
- How learning to calibrate our rapport with ourselves is the easiest way to support our well-being and the well-being of anything we touch as we go through our lives;
- How “rapport with self” is so much simpler than Guilt and Innocence as the basis for a non-lethal, non-self-defeating life stance;
- And how “rapport with self” is the naturally reliable and joyful basis for ease-full, continuing learning throughout our lives–and probably after them too.
Please do come join us! Register below…This will be the most important thing you will learn this century.
(Facilitated by Carl Buchheit and Carla Camou.)
- August 18th and 19th, 2018.
The Oaks Room at the Best Western Novato Oaks Inn
215 Alameda del Prado, Novato, CA 94949 (map)
Registration is currently closed. Please check back for 2018!