Master NLP Practitioner Training
Master NLP Practitioner Training
"Masters is about pretty much giving up the hope to win the fight we have been having with ourselves."-Carl Buchheit
Master Practitioner Training provides the opportunity for students to develop mastery in the use of NLP through expanded understanding, not only of the NLP model, but also of significant contexts within which the NLP model is taught at NLP Marin. These contexts include:
- Childhood development psychology.
- Family systems dynamics.
- The physical function of the brain and nervous system.
- Recognition that humankind exists within the frame of a larger whole.
- Implications of operating from a Newtonian versus a Quantum world view.
Masters NLP training is delivered by our trainers: Carl Buchheit and Carla Camou. It is delivered over the course of 8 months, and includes 8 x in-person training weekends and weekly study groups supervised by our experienced training staff. The final weekend of Masters NLP training is a festival of integration and learning, where students have the opportunity to demonstrate their integration of the Masters NLP toolkit, and be successfully certified as Master Practitioners of NLP.
What Carl Buchheit Has to Say...
"The objectives of the Masters course is to expand understanding of human behavior and how to influence or change it with integrity, to promote continuing movement toward excellence and ease with core-level material, and to provide a powerful increase in the student’s ability to use NLP as a foundation for elegant communication and change in all aspects of life.
Our Master Practitioner Certification Training is offered once each year beginning in the fall. All our Core Competencies classes (including our Intensive Training Course) come together to master the deeper skills and understanding involved with this level of work.
Having brought yourself and your fellow students through Core Competencies, you’ve experienced the exquisite care with which we at NLP Marin insist on respecting all of our experience, and all of your experience. Although the content has been similar, the atmosphere, events, and resonance within and around our trainings are unique in the NLP world.
This is not simply a matter of our students’ actually learning some challenging skills that take considerable time and practice. This training also requires a major consciousness upgrade, to apply well in the world. Marin-style NLP and conventional NLP are very different. They are different, intensely so, even though they are also similar. This is very hard for us to communicate in print, but for 15+ years our students have routinely confirmed our sense that this is a reality.
Beginning at the Masters level, there is no longer a lot of similarity. We are at last able to present a combination (a little bit) of standard NLP Master Practitioner material and a great deal of our own, home-grown curriculum. Masters level training focuses on Belief and Identity change. In your Core Competencies training, you learned the skills to discover and update Behavior and Capability patterns. Now you will learn to notice and untangle the beliefs and identity issues that have stabilized the Intended Positive Outcomes of all types of outdated patterning.
At NLP Marin, Master Practitioner Certification is an intense exploration of the experience structures that create and stabilize our sense of who we are in the world. You will be learning amazingly useful ideas about childhood development, the formation and structure of beliefs, and trademark Marin-style NLP concepts such as Structures of Hope, Temporal-Spatial Sorting, Dinner Table Festivals of Family Reframing, and Suffering Obligations of Love.
This is where all that work you put into developing rapport skills, and all the attention on ecology and IPO’s, has been leading you. We will move forward from the domain of techniques that merely add and connect resources, and move into the territory where we are able to summon what we need to create order and profound, deeply respectful change."
Who is This For?
- NLP Marin Core Competencies (CC) and Intensive Training Course (ITC) graduates who would like to develop mastery in the use of NLP, increasing their capacity to work with others in a change format. A long-standing NLP Marin alumnus who would like to audit the course, to add even more depth and dimension to the learnings they have already attained from prior years.
- Creating core change by understanding the structure of survival and Hope. If you are like most people, you became interested in NLP because it promised to deliver permanent change. That is to say you will not need to “remember” (e.g. through assertions or positive thinking) to be different. In order to make this type of core level change, we need to understand and appreciate the “ecology” of the change. In Advanced Communication and Change, we paid a lot of attention to survival and safety patterning; now we will also include Hope in the equation.
- Ability to work with Belief and Identity change skillfully. To invite full mastery of NLP into your practice and your life, you must learn and integrate both technical skill and deep understanding of the structure of being human. In the Masters course, you will be immersed in new conceptual frameworks such as Metaprograms, childhood development theory, as well as Carl’s unique observations and teachings from over 30 years of being in practice. Using this knowledge and experiential basis, you will practice, practice, practice and learn to destabilize limiting and often painful structures of belief and identity.
- Develop true NLP Mastery. As you know, we at NLP Marin somewhat abhor the “techniquey” forms of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. We are also cheerfully impatient with most of the insistence some NLP people put on Newtonian well-formedness. (At NLP Marin, we love a good, properly ill-formed outcome!) We are consistently told by our graduates who encounter graduates of other NLP Masters programs, that they notice that their (our) skill level is quite a bit higher. We believe that is because we take the time to really teach and develop know-how, not just prattling buzz words and cookie-cutter change formulas. We do not turn out NLP technicians; we strive to develop practitioners with skill, heart, and wisdom. This means that as an NLP Marin Master Practitioner graduate you will not only have a toolbox of techniques, but a deeply integrated sense of when and where to use what techniques and when and how to continually make up something new and different.
- Establish a seamless and integrated way of working. Because our students come from all walks of life and have different goals, we teach our students to incorporate their Masters experience as a way of being in the world–a stance towards life as well as a congruent way of working with a client “in session.” In the Masters class, you will learn and integrate a whole new set of presuppositions about being human, and working with humans as you continue your journey.
- Gain a deeper level of respect for yourself. With the advent of teachings like The Secret, and other useful and not-so-useful extensions of “positive thinking,” many of us are left not really liking ourselves very much. These well-intentioned teachings sometimes leave us non-usefully focused on the gap between where we are and where we want to be. Marin-style NLP provides the experiences and creates the “how-to” that allows us to really understand and appreciate all the elegance and beauty of your current way of being–all the remarkable IPO’s of stuck Present States. From this place, it is possible to create shifts (if you still want to). We call this Creating Rapport with Self. Gain the prerequisites to take our Post-Masters level courses. NLP Mastery is the basis of a whole theater of learning that Carl has developed about what it is and means to be human, and how to shift or change our experience. As profound as the NLP Masters training is already, there is even more. Because our NLP Master Practitioner training is unique, and because we (our staff and you, our students) spend so much time and effort mastering such a high level of skills, framework, and stance integration, we only accept graduates of our own Master Practitioner Training into our post-graduate coursework (Holographic NLP I, II, and more).
What You Will Learn
- First weekend: Meta-Programs. A wonderful aspect of our legacy from conventional NLP, and the remarkable people who did such pioneering work. Through what filters do you see the world? How might that be different for your clients? Learn to identify your own perceptual filters and become a more skilled communicator in any context by being able to adapt your communication to the filters of others.
- Second weekend: Childhood Development Stages. One frame that distinguishes our NLP (Transformational NLP) from other NLP centers is its willingness to explore and respect the root source of present pain. To understand the meaning a brain may be making from its internal representations it is useful to explore what stage of development a child was in when he/she installed that representation in their mind.
- Third and Fourth weekends: In the third and fourth weekends you will continue to integrate the frameworks of the first two weekends. Learn advanced re-imprinting and explore the structure of beliefs and existential baseline states. The coursework covers re-imprinting on spatially anchored timelines and also the Marin-style NLP version of these remarkable interactions.
- Fifth weekend: We will explore the Structure of Identity and work with the Family-Dinner-Table-Information-Gathering-and-Festival-of-Reframing format.
- Sixth weekend: We will cover modeling for business competence and a variety of refinements on re-imprinting and extensions of Marin-style Identity-level change.
- Seventh weekend: We will work with trans-incarnational timelines, time-warping language patterns, “sleight of mouth” reframing (all our updates of valuable standard NLP material), temporal-spatial sorting, and Programmer Stance. Eighth weekend: Integration and testing for Master Practitioner Certification. Introduction to Holographic NLP frames such as “Suffering Obligations of Love” and Transgenerational Belief and Identity change.
Training Assistants: Assistants are selected from among our graduates who have achieved a high level of integration. We have a ratio of at least 5 students to 1 TA or better, meaning there is almost always someone observing an exercise who can give feedback.
Time: Each weekend will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Friday. Class runs from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. with a lunch break from approximately 1 – 2:30 (the time frame is sometimes a little later or earlier depending on the flow of the day). Students either bring their own lunch or go out to a local restaurant. Tea, and hot and cold water are provided.
DATES | LOCATION | REGISTRATION
2019/2020 Dates:September 6-8, 2019, Friday - Sunday
September 27-29, Friday - Sunday
October 18-20, Friday - Sunday
November 15-17, Friday - Sunday
December 13-15, Friday - Sunday
January 10-12, 2020, Friday - Sunday
February 7-9, Friday - Sunday
February 28 - March 1, Friday - Sunday
Times:10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
$5,800When you register by August 28th
$6,200When you register between
August 29th and September 7th
Save $400 when you pay in full!
Includes weekly supervised study groups for maximum integration
Recommended Text:Transformational NLP: A New Psychology
by Carl Buchheit, Ph.D. and Ellie Schamber, Ph.D.
Location:The Oaks Room at the Best Western Novato Oaks Inn,
215 Alameda del Prado, Novato, CA 94949